Sexual and reproductive health requires respect, safety and freedom from discrimination and violence.
To support the sexual and reproductive health of our population, Victoria’s actions include:
- reducing the prevalence and transmission of blood borne viruses (BBV) and sexually transmissible infections (STI) through prevention and harm minimisation
- increasing and maintaining high immunisation coverage
- eliminating hepatitis B and hepatitis C and associated stigma and discrimination, by 2030
- expanding the Safe Schools program
- enhancing access to a range of reproductive health services.
Through these actions and more we aiming to:
- increase the proportion of children with healthy birth weight
- decrease teenage pregnancies
- increase safe sex practice
- decrease sexually transmitted infections.
Find out more of our actions here.
What are you and your organisation doing to improve sexual and reproductive health?
Submit your story!