Healthy eating and active living are key elements of a long, healthy life. To support people to be as healthy as they can be, Victoria is focusing on a range of actions including:
- introducing kilojoule labelling in fast food chains
- increasing access to healthy food and drink options though Healthy Choices, the Healthy Eating Advisory Service and the Achievement Program
- strengthening screening and early intervention for dental disease
- encouraging healthy neighbourhood design to promote accessibility, active living, social connectedness and opportunities for daily contact with nature
- promoting breastfeeding
- increasing participation in sport and recreation.
Through these actions and more we are aiming to:
- reduce the prevalence of overweight and obesity
- increase physical activity, reduce sedentary behaviour and increase active transport
- reduce consumption of discretionary food and drink
- increase fruit and vegetable consumption
- increase breastfeeding
- reduce type 2 diabetes.
Find out more of our actions here.
What are you and your organisation doing to support healthy eating and active living?
Submit your story!