The Victorian Population Health Survey 2015: Selected survey findings report has been released, providing a snapshot of the health of Victorians.
While the vast majority of Victorian adults (approximately 80%) rated their health as good, very good or excellent, findings from the 2015 survey show that:
- 6% of adults have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes
- only 5.8% of adults are meeting the minimum daily intake for vegetables
- 18.5% of adults are daily smokers
- 20% of men and 18% of women are obese
- and 17.3% of adults reported high or very high levels of psychological distress.
The Victorian Population Health Survey provides an annual assessment of the health and wellbeing of adults in Victoria. It includes information on smoking, fruit and vegetable consumption, body weight, physical activity, alcohol consumption, psychological distress, hypertension, self-reported health and wellbeing, chronic disease prevalence, screening, biomedical checks and social capital.
To read the full report, visit the departments website.Submit your story!