Preventing family violence is one of Victoria’s major priorities.
To increase the safety of all, Victoria is focusing on a range of actions including:
- implementing the recommendations from the Victorian Royal Commission into Family Violence
- establishing specialist family violence advisor positions in major mental health and drug and alcohol services
- introducing a respectful relationships program across Victorian schools and early years services
- implementing the Roadmap for Reform: strong families, safe children
- preventing and reversing the development of racial, ethnic, and religious intolerances through implementation of the Strategic Framework to Strengthen Victoria’s Social Cohesion and the Resilience of its Communities
- implementing the Towards Zero 2016–2020 Road Safety Strategy and Action Plan.
Through these actions and more we are aiming to:
- decrease family, domestic and sexual violence
- decrease violent crime
- increase community safety
- decrease unintentional injury.
Find out more of our actions here.
What are you and your organisation doing to prevent violence and injury?
Submit your story!