Healthy and sustainable environments are critical to the health and wellbeing of current and future generations. A range of actions are commencing or underway including:
- developing strategies to implement 20-minute neighbourhoods in Plan Melbourne Refresh
- tackling climate change through the review of the Climate Change Act 2010, a Victorian emissions reductions target, a climate change pledging program, the Second Climate Change Adaptation Plan and a whole-of-government Climate Change Framework
- supporting energy efficiency and renewable energy by developing the Renewable Energy Roadmap and Action Plan, and an Energy and Productivity Statement and Strategy
- protecting environmental biodiversity through Protecting Victoria's Environment - Biodiversity 2036
Through these actions and more we are aiming to:
- increase neighbourhood liveability
- increase adaptation to the impacts of climate change
- increase environmental sustainability and quality
- increase food safety.
Find out more of our actions here.
What are you and your organisation doing to support healthy and sustainable environments?
Submit your story!